Nail Make Up | Polka Dot Flowers

00:05:00



Nude and neutral coloured polishes are my usual option because they seem to go with everything and suit my skin tone. There isn't really one brand of nail polishes that I always use, I just buy whichever colours I like however I do find that brands like China Glaze and OPI do last slightly longer than really cheap drugstore ones.


I always wear a coat of Sally Hansen's Hard as nails polish even if I'm not wearing any coloured polish because I definitely notice the difference, it keeps my nails much stronger and they don't break as easily.









1. Paint one coat of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails clear varnish
2. Paint two coats of a colour of your choice. Here I used Rita Ora's range at Rimmel London in Rain Rain go away
3. Use nail tip guides to create a nail divider
4. Paint the bottom half of the nail, with OPI Princesses Rule!
5. Paint the bottom half of the nail with Barry M Pink Iridescent
6. Paint a wavy line in China Glaze White on White
7. Use a nail dotting tool to create the dotted flowers with the same China Glaze White on White
(Use a cocktail stick or even a bobby pin if you don't have one of these)
8. One coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty

All of my nail designs are done on natural nails as I'm not a huge fan of artificial nails. That's why I'm constantly on the look out for nail polishes that last without chipping! Although sadly I think 2-5 days is about the longest nail polish will last on natural nails!



Shop the post


Unfortunately the nail polish I used here seems to have been discontinued, I can't find it anywhere! So I've added a link to a similar glitter polish instead:
Barry M Nail Polish




All photos taken with my Olympus E-PL7

Have you tried any really great nail varnishes? Are there any that you'd like me to try and review?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All content copyright © 2015 - 2016 Jessica Tonge, unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts