MAC Studio Sculpt vs Estee Lauder Double Wear

00:56:00
























Left: Estee Lauder 'Ecru' | Right: MAC Studio Sculpt NW20

(Just after I had applied the foundation, along with the rest of my make-up, as you can see still a couple of spots showing through)
(How it looked at the end of the day, as you can see it has worn off in patches quite a bit and there are a lot more spots visible)

 MAC Studio Sculpt in NW20 - £25.50
This foundation glides on and is very smooth, you have plenty of time to apply as it doesn't really set this allows you to build it up and it's also great for re applying throughout the day. Even after applying powder I don't feel like the foundation has really set, it feels quite sticky to touch, which is probably why it tends to rub off quite easily onto my phone or hands if I touch my face. It isn't a massively heavy foundation to wear however the coverage isn't fantastic, immediately after applying I can still see the redness around spots and the dark circles under my eyes making me look more tired. It's quite moisturising and doesn't dry your skin out so would probably suit people well that have dry to combination skin. Although I do find that it sits quite heavily in creases making them more prominent. To prevent myself from using too much of this product I squeeze out small amounts at a time. This isn't a foundation I would buy again.

Ecru | Pure Beige



Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Ecru - £30
This is my preferred foundation out of the two, it has much better coverage managing to conceal blemishes and dark under eye circles well. Which helps me look much more awake than when I'm wearing the MAC foundation. You do have to work with this foundation quite quickly as it sets fairly fast and can end up taking it off itself, however as it sets fast it's great when you are done because this helps it to stay on better throughout the day without really rubbing off on your phone and hands. After foundation it feels quite dry and smooth to touch - a good sign that it has set well. A downside to this foundation is that you can't really re apply it throughout the day or after you have put on powder. If you try to the new foundation sort of clings to the bit you're already wearing and pulls it away or creates a thicker build up of it in patches. I have found that in an emergency you can get an OK result if you dab it on using a beauty blender. Double wear can feel like a heavy foundation if it's something your not used to wearing however it's the same with most full coverage foundations. I have fairly oily/combination skin and this foundation stays on my face well without looking too oily by the end of the day. I personally think that this foundation is well priced as one bottle of it does last me quite a while, definitely over a month and I use it every day. You can sometimes find this foundation a little cheaper at places such as Debenhams, John Lewis, and you can find a few shades at allbeauty.com. It doesn't come with a pump so you would have to be careful about the amount that you pour out so that you don't waste any or you can buy a MAC foundation pump that fits of this bottle perfectly. Using the pump with this foundation is much better as you have better control on the amount that you are using and it's more hygienic than scraping any unused foundation back off your hand into the bottle and you're not wasting any either. This has been my go to foundation for about the past year and I will continue to buy it however I am going to try Nars Sheer Glow foundation, so look out for a review on it shortly!


Are there any particular brands or types of make up that you would like me to test and review?


Shop the post 


I wear Estee Lauder Double wear in shade 'pure beige' when I have tanned, so thought I'd include some images for reference of the colour difference.

Photos of me taken with my iPhone 6s
Photos of the products taken with my Olympus E-PL7

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All content copyright © 2015 - 2016 Jessica Tonge, unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts